Last Updated: Oct 2nd, 2018
Please read this Policy carefully, because by using the Site, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy, and consent to the manner in which we may collect, use and disclose the foregoing information. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Site.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. It will notify you of the following:
- Personal Information You Provide to Us – We only have access to and collect personal information (such as your name, date of birth, social security number, credit card number, mailing or billing address, telephone number, or email address, and email preferences (collectively, “Personal Information”)) that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We are the sole owners of the Personal Information collected on this Site.
- Information Collected by Automated Means – Whenever you use the Site, we, as well as any of our third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, how many users visited the Site, and the website you visited immediately before the Site. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. Usage Information helps us to keep the Site fresh and interesting to our visitors and to tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- Device Identifiers – In the course of collecting Usage Information we may also collect your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifiers (each a “Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit the Sites, we may view your Device Identifier. We use this information to identify repeat visitors to our Site. We also may use this information to send you targeted advertisements and to enhance the Site. We may associate your Device Identifier with your Personal Information.
The technologies used on the Site, including Device Identifiers, to collect Usage Information may include, without limitation:
- Web Beacons – We may also include web beacons (also known as web bugs, Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking pixels and clear GIFs) with the content and ads that we deliver to you, which we will use to collect information regarding your interaction with our content and ads. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In addition, a web beacon allows third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. A web beacon may also tell your browser to get content from another server.
Cookies and web beacons (together, “Site Cookies”) may enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site, track user actions/behavior on our Site and track the effectiveness of ads.
Please note that ReachLocal retains the ability to access all information that is retained in the ReachLocal Platform for purposes of quality assurance and campaign assessment.
If you have any questions regarding ReachLocal and/or the Advertising Cookies, you are encouraged to contact ReachLocal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use two products to analyze activity on our site. We use ReachLocal’s tracking technology and/or Google Analytics to understand how users use our site so as to enhance the user experience on our Site. If you wish to opt-out of ReachLocal’s tracking technologies, go to http://www.reachlocal.com/trackingopt-out, and if you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will also use your information as follows:
- Registration – A user may need to first complete a registration form in order to use the Site. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our Site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
- Orders – We may request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this contact information to contact you.
- Surveys and contests – From time-to-time, our Site may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Site.
- Customer Service – Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services, or changes to this Policy.
- Chat – Our Site may use chat functionality to enable direct communication with you through our Site. We will primarily use such information to assess your needs and to gain your contact information so that we may contact you to further discuss our products and/or services.
We will not trade, rent, share or sell your Personal Information to third parties unless you ask or authorize us to do so.
Unless you ask or provide your consent to do so, we will not share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization, other than with our service providers, including as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personal Information. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person.
We will disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce our policies; enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions, and/or game rules; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our Site or third parties. In addition, if Tranquility Woods or all of its assets are acquired, all of the data collected by us through the Site and through other means and services provided by us would be among the transferred assets.
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at the email address or phone number given on our Site. We do not charge for this service, and your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number is given on our Site:
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Notify us if you do not want us to share your Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes.
You can set most web browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies, though either of those actions may affect the use of our Site. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information. To do so please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Opt-Out Page: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (via opting out), you will still see advertisements while you are browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The DAA Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies’ pages where you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from companies.
While the Site does not currently respond to ‘Do Not Track’ signals submitted by your browser, you can opt out of any of the Advertising Cookies at any time by simply visiting http://www.reachlocal.com/opt-out to adjust your preferences on the placement of Advertising Cookies currently used in connection with ReachLocal’s remarketing product. You can also find out more about your ‘Do Not Track’ options by visiting http://www.allaboutDNT.com.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and Tranquility Woods does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from such children. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Information from our database.
We take measures designed to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the Personal Information we process and maintain. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other types of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
This Policy and the privacy practices of Tranquility Woods will be subject exclusively to the laws of the State of Maryland in the United States. Tranquility Woods makes no representation that this Policy and our practices comply with the laws of any other country or jurisdiction. Users of the Site who reside outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If you reside outside of the United States, by using the Site, you consent to the transfer, processing, and use of your information outside of your country.
USES AND DISCLOSURE OF HEALTH INFORMATION (HIPPA)
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY
This notice is effective as of April 15, 2003
USES AND DISCLOSURE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
Tranquility Woods, LLC is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal and health information we collect or create as part of providing health care services to our clients, known as “Protected Health Information” or “PHI.” PHI typically includes your name, address, date of birth, billing arrangements, care and other information that related to your health, health care provided to you or payment for health care provided to you. PHI DOES not include information that is de-identified or cannot be linked to you.
This notice of Health Information Privacy Practices (the “Notice”) describes Tranquility Woods, LLC’s duties with respect to the privacy of PHI, Tranquility Woods, LLC’s use of and disclosure of PHI, client rights and contact information for comments, questions and complaints.
TRANQUILITY WOODS, LLC’S PRIVACY PROCEDURES AND LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
Tranquility Woods, LLC obtains most of its PHI directly from you, through care applications, assessments and direct questions. We may collect additional personal information depending upon the nature of your needs and consent to make additional referrals and inquiries. We may also obtain PHI from community health care agencies, other governmental agencies or health care providers as we set up your service arrangements.
Tranquility Woods, LLC is required by law to provide you with this notice and to abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect. Tranquility Woods, LLC reserves the right to amend this Notice at any time to reflect changes in our privacy practices. Any such changes will be applicable to and effective for all PHI that we maintain including PHI we created or received prior to the effective date of the revised notice. Any revised notice will be mailed to you or provided upon request.
Tranquility Woods, LLC is required by law to maintain the privacy of PHI. Tranquility Woods, LLC will comply with federal law and will comply with any state law that further limits or restricts the uses and disclosures discussed below. In order to comply with these state and federal laws, Tranquility Woods, LLC has adopted policies and procedures that require its employees to obtain, maintain, use and disclose PHI in a manner that protects client privacy.
USES AND DISCLOSURES WITH YOUR AUTHORIZATION
Except as outlined below, Tranquility Woods, LLC will not use or disclose your PHI without your written authorization. The authorization form is available from Tranquility Woods, LLC (at the address and phone number below). You have the right to revoke your authorization at any time, except to the extent that Tranquility Woods, LLC has taken action in reliance on the authorization.
The law permits Tranquility Woods, LLC to use and disclose your PHI for the following reasons without your authorization:
For Your Treatment: We may use or disclose your PHI to physicians, Psychologists, nurses and other authorized healthcare professionals who need your PHI in order to conduct an examination, prescribe medication or otherwise provide health care services to you.
To Obtain Payment: We may use or disclose your PHI to insurance companies, government agencies or health plans to assist us in getting paid for our services. For example, we may release information such as dates of treatment to an insurance company in order to obtain payment.
For Our Health Care Operations: We may use or disclosure your PHI in the course of activities necessary to support our health care operations such as performing quality checks on your employee services. We may also disclose PHI to other persons not in Tranquility Woods, LLC’s workforce or to companies who help us perform our health services (referred to as “Business Associates”) we require these business associates to appropriately protect the privacy of your information.
As Permitted or Required by The Law: In some cases we are required by law to disclose PHI. Such disclosers may be required by statute, regulation court order, government agency, we reasonably believe an individual to be a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence; for judicial and administrative proceedings and enforcement purposes.
For Public Health Activities: We may disclose your PHI for public health purposes such as reporting communicable disease results to public health department as required by law or when required for law enforcement purposes.
For Health Oversight Activities: We may disclose your PHI in connection with governmental oversight, such as for licensure, auditing and for administration of government benefits. The Maryland Department of Human Services in an example of an agency that oversees Tranquility Woods, LLC’s operations.
To Avert Serious Threat to Health and Safety: We may disclose PHI if we believe in good faith that doing so will prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to the health and safety of a person or the public.
Disclosures of Health Related Benefits or Services: Sometimes we may want to contact you regarding service reminders, health related products or services that may be of interest to you, such as health care provider or settings of care or to tell you about other health related products or services offered at Tranquility Woods, LLC. You have the right not to accept such information.
Incidental Uses and Disclosures: Incidental uses and disclosures of PHI are those that cannot be reasonably prevented, are limited in nature and that occur as a by-product of a permitted use or disclosure. Such incidental used and disclosures are permitted as long as Tranquility Woods, LLC use reasonable safeguards and use or disclose only the minimum amount of PHI necessary.
To Personal Representatives: We may disclose PHI to a person designated by you to act on your behalf and make decisions about your care in accordance with state law. We will act according to your written instructions in your chart and our ability to verify the identity of anyone claiming to be your personal representative.
To Family and Friends: We may disclose PHI to persons that you indicate are involved in your care or the payment of care. These disclosures may occur when you are not present, as long as you agree and do not express an objection. These disclosures may also occur if you are unavailable, incapacitated or facing an emergency medical situation and we determine that a limited disclosure may be in your best interest. We may also disclose limited PHI to a public or private entity that is authorized to assist in disaster relief efforts in order for that entity to locate a family member or other person that may be involved in caring for you. You have the right to limit or stop these disclosers.
YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
Access to Certain Records: You have the right to inspect and copy your PHI in a designated record set except where State law may prohibit client access. A designated record set contains medical and billing and case management information. If we do not have your PHI record set but know who does, we will inform you how to get it. If our PHI is a copy of information maintained by another health care provider, we may direct you to request the PHI from them. If Tranquility Woods, LLC produces copies for you, we may charge you up to $1.00 per page up to a maximum fee of $50.00. Should we deny your request for access to information contained in your designated record set, you have the right to ask for the denial to be reviewed by another healthcare professional designated by Tranquility Woods, LLC.
Amendments to Certain Records: You have the right to request certain amendments to your PHI if for example, you believe a mistake has been made or vital piece of information is missing. Tranquility Woods LLC is not required to make the requested amendments and will inform you in writing of our response to your request.
Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your PHI that were made by Tranquility Woods, LLC for a period of six (6) years prior to the date of your written request. This accounting does not include for purposes of treatment, payment, health care operations or certain other excluded purposes, but includes other types of disclosures, including disclosures for public health purposes or in response to a subpoena or court order.
Restrictions: You have the right to request that we agree to restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your PHI but we are not required to agree to your request. You cannot place limits on uses and disclosers that we are legally required or allowed to make.
Revoke Authorizations: You have the right to revoke any authorizations you have provided, except to the extent that Tranquility Woods, LLC has already relied upon the prior authorization.
Delivery by Alternate Means or Alternate Address: You have the right to request that we send your PHI by alternate means or to an alternate address.
Complaints & How to Contact Us: If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to file a complaint by contacting Tranquility Woods, LLC at the address and/or phone number indicated below. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C. Tranquility Woods, LLC will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may make a complaint by contacting Linda Potere, HIPAA Privacy Officer at (561) 738-1369 or the Secretary for the Department of Health and Human Services. No individual will be retaliated against for filing a complaint.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Toll Free: 1-877-696-6775
Please be aware that mail sent to our Washington D.C. area offices takes an additional 3-4 days to process due to Changes in mail handling resulting from the Anthrax crisis of October 2001.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at 171-A Ryan Road, Pasadena, MD 21122, (410) 360-6600