Call Admissions 410-442-6638
Tranquility Woods Covid-19 Update
Originally Published: March 12, 2020
Latest Update: September 16, 2020
August 17th, 2020 Covid-19 Update
August 1st, 2020 Covid-19 Update
Dear family, alumni and future clients,
Since the beginning of March 2020, our staff and clients have done a fantastic job minimizing the risk of contamination at our facility. We have been sanitizing our facility constantly throughout the day, wearing face protection, practicing social distancing, and going beyond CDC recommended guidelines to keep our clients, staff, and their family members safe.
On August 1st, 2020, one of our Staff Members tested positive for Covid-19. The staff member had been in isolation since Wednesday, July 29th, 2020. Out of an abundance of caution we immediately put in place our COVID Response protocols, we alerted the Anne Arundel County Health Department and had all staff members and clients scheduled for testing. We contracted a 3rd party company specializing in COVID sanitation, and all clients were tested and safely discharged out of our care within 72 hours and were provided the opportunity to transition for continued care with trusted partners within the industry. Our facility is currently going through an intensive 14-day sanitation period, additionally all staff members are currently self-quarantining for 14 days. We will resume operations on August 17th, 2020, to ensure that there is no longer a present threat of COVID. Thank you for your continued patience and support during this time.
Our admissions staff are currently accepting calls and preparing intakes starting August 17th, 2020. If you or a loved one are seeking Residential Addiction Treatment Services, please contact our Admissions number.
Steps we are taking
- All outside 12 Step Meetings have been suspended
- Saturday Visitations are held outdoors for adults 18 and over with social distancing
- Tours have been postponed Explore Our 3-D Tour Here
- Outings with large groups of people have been suspended
- Outside gym visits have been canceled
- Updated Admissions screening guidelines
- Amended Intake protocol
- Business Development meetings have been postponed
- Daily disinfecting and sanitation of all surfaces within our facility
- All staff are checked for any symptoms of Covid-19 prior to entering the facility
- Staff are encouraged to practice social distancing at all times
- Family Individual Counseling sessions have been switched to HIPAA compliant video conferencing or phone calls
Updated Admissions Protocol
- Have you traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in direct contact with any person who has had a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you sick with a fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher), cough, or have trouble breathing?
- Have you recently or currently experiencing an Upper Respiratory infection?
- Have you traveled to or from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut in the last 14 days?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, Tranquility Woods encourages you to contact your primary care provider. Please alert our admissions staff if you are experiencing any of these symptoms and are seeking Treatment.
CDC Guidelines for suspected COVID-19 Cases
We have organized a fundraiser for the Anne Arundel County Food Drive, and we need your help!
During these unprecedented times, the need for community action is more important than ever. This is why the employees of our facility have come together to launch a fundraiser for those most impacted by COVID-19.
The nonprofit organization we have selected is the Anne Arundel County Food Bank. Their work is essential to make sure those in need receive access to food and supplies at local food banks and other centers.
Since Gov. Hogan has issued a State of Emergency, food banks are anticipating a higher need for their services since schools and many businesses are forced to close.
"Approximately 30,000 children in Anne Arundel County that depend on the FARM (free and reduced meal) Program may be at home with no access to those meals."